Blog of Gia Bennett

Blog of Gia Bennett

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Demons

I was running errands listening to my Godsmack Faceless CD.
Today, this song took on a whole new meaning to me.
I dedicate this to someone I used to know ... that I don't think is there anymore.

What do you see in the dark when the demons come for you?
If only you could have seen how fucked up my life used to be;
then everything starts to change, supposedly healing my pain.
I never thought I'd feel this way.
I never thought that I'd see the day I'd run away from anything or anywhere or anyone.
Its all these demons haunting me,
it’s all these little things trapped inside of me,
releasing me from all my sin.
Its taken me all of my anger, and taken me all of my hate, to learn how my life came together. Releasing the demons again.
And now I look through my minds eye and see where my past needs to rest.
Its always disturbed by these voices, that echo inside of my head.
Another way that I can hide,
another reason to crawl inside and get away from everything and everywhere and everyone.
NO! Its all these demons haunting me,
it’s all these little things trapped inside of me releasing me from all my sins.
Its taken me all of my anger, and taken me all of my hate, to learn how my life came together.
Releasing the demons....again (again).
Facing the days as I grow into my own, loving and hatings the same.
And three-fold I told you it comes back with laughter, over and over again.
Its coming back.
Its taken me all of my anger, and taken me all of my hate, to learn how my life came together.
Releasing the demons again

1 comment:

Karen ^..^ said...

I love Godsmack. They always seem to say exactly what you are feeling at the time.

Sometimes too much so, huh?

Post a Comment