Blog of Gia Bennett

Blog of Gia Bennett

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Exhausted!

We decided to work on the plant ledges. We had already done the ones in the main rooms and kids rooms last week. I didn't think it would be a problem doing the ledge in my room. It didn't take all that long.... but I decided I didn't like the little shelf on my bathroom wall anymore. My dad went to patch it and we realized we no longer had that color paint to cover the patch. I hated the color anyway. I have been waiting 15 years for my room to get painted the way I want it.

My parents left and Rich and I wanted to cover the green wall so we grabbed the paint we used in Zack's room. We ended up doing my whole bathroom. Zack helped alot. Rich did most of the work. It's not the color I want, but we needed a base to begin with. It looks so good! I am going to go pick out paint for my room and we are going to get it done next week! :) I already have paint for the kids bathroom. I've had it for about 3 years now. I'm going to try and get that done too.

The kids have been so awesome in helping to get this house in shape for the holidays. On top of the painting and cleaning we have been decorating for Christmas. The kids are amazed with how many angels and little Santa figurines from around the world I have collected. I made them get them all out of the individual boxes. Meg kept saying... are you sure you want to put them all out? lol

My back really hurts, I was nearly in tears from the arthritis in my hand holding the paintbrush to do the trim ... but at least I am motivated. This house definitely needs an energy change and a bit of a pick me up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment