Blog of Gia Bennett

Blog of Gia Bennett

Friday, November 14, 2008

Spa Delight

My friend at the spa had given me a couple gift cards a few months back. I had thought of all kinds of ways to use them. When I couldn't get Zack and Rich in at our usual salon because they were booked so full, I decided to treat them to cuts at the spa with part of the GC's. It was tough getting them in there too, but luckily their evenings are a bit slower than day. Rich enjoyed free beer they have on tap for clients. He said the receptionist was helping herself to the free wine. lol We all used to do that from time to time when I worked there. The girl gave them great head massages with their shampoos. They came home happy and both enjoyed the experience. I was afraid the spa would lose business with so many opening in the area, but it seems to be doing very well.

I wish my body would co operate because I would love to work there again. But I don't think that is going to happen. I am working on detoxifying and building strength, but I have so many factors fighting any progression I make. As long as I work on it I hope to not get worse. The meds (and stress) have taken a big toll. I have to work twice as hard, and rest more often than before. I am determined to not let it take me down. Since I can't do physical work at a job, I am going to reopen my business. I found new avenues to take with it. I hope it works better this time.

I think I'll book some girl time at the spa for me and Meg now ...

;)

2 comments:

Rockangel said...

You should let me know when you get the site back up. I was going to ask if you wanted to trade up links as my site/store is doing pretty darn good the last couple of years and I know some of my visitors would have liked the stuff you had. But your site was gone when I went to grab the url. :\

You need to keep me up on how you are doing. I really hope you are living a more stress free life Gia... stress is not good for people who have been through what we have you know what I mean? ;)

Anyhoo... let me know if you decide to at my email. I don't do the social networks and boards anymore really so email is about it if you don't do art/anime sites. ;)

I am glad to hear you are happier now though. I'll write soon. I think you are one of the few who will appreciate photos of my pet ducks. LOL

ginnnnsane said...

We must have some weird connection because I was going to contact you when I got my site back up! I love your stuff and I'd love to link. I'll email you when it is ready. I changed servers because The one I was using was ridiculously priced. I went to transfer the info to the new server... and they have no way of doing it. I have to start from scratch again because they are trying to screw people into staying with them. ugh

I hope you are doing well. You are right... we are supposed to be stress free. My life hasn't been for years... but it will be soon... I hope. Mediation for this marathon divorce is in December.

I would love to see your pet ducks! I have talked about getting some for a while now. My neighbor put some on the lake and they got killed by a bobcat... we think. So I have been leery about getting some. I would cry my eyes out!

Keep in touch!

Post a Comment