Blog of Gia Bennett

Blog of Gia Bennett

Thursday, August 21, 2008

More Fay photos

In between storm bands we ran out to see what we could see.
There wasn't alot of time so the photos are kinda crappy.



This is the lake overflowing.




You can see how it is only flowing our way... yay





This is looking down the path toward my yard.




Path behind the house. The woods are completely flooded.



Oh look... a plecostomus in my yard. He's freakin HUGE.




Blue Heron looking for a meal.




Zack and Rich trying to chase the fish back toward to lake. It would be a shame for them to die when the water recedes. :(




My feet. Yes, we went in and took showers. We know the water is dirty. Yes, I am in my pj's. I was comfy when Rich yelled for me to come see the fish. lol


Again, the house is fine. I still don't know if other neighbors down stream from this are effected. Many people in Brevard county weren't as lucky as we are. I have never seen this much rain here since I moved here in 1987.
*EDIT*
To give you an idea of what I am talking about, here is an over view of my neighborhood. I am the second cul-de-sac from the right. The 30 acre wildlife sanctuary is completely flooded from the lake on the right. The trail behind my house runs all around the woods. I am hoping the water rushing down it goes into the lake on the left and not the homes before it. :/

1 comment:

~I'm Broken~ said...

SO much water. I'm amazed at how green everything is.

Post a Comment