Blog of Gia Bennett

Blog of Gia Bennett

Monday, October 22, 2007

Life is so confusing


The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers. ~ M. Scott Peck
Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings. ~ Anais Nin
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live. ~ Dorothy Thompson
All violence is the result of people tricking themselves into believing that their pain derives from other people and that consequently those people deserve to be punished. ~ Marshall Rosenberg
Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus. ~ Wallace Stegner

2 comments:

La delirante said...

I liked the first quote very much. It is true that when I am feeling that I am not getting anywhere, or unhappy in general I look for new options in order to change, to improve, to be happy :)

ginnnnsane said...

I like that one too. I try my best to focus on the positive. My blog however tends to be a mixture of my happiness and pain. I have to write about my pain in order to heal. There are soooooo many things I have not been able to write about in my public journal and have many that I have hand written. When I go back and read things from a few years ago it's like a broken record. I have to find a way to break this cycle and heal. I really think I am ready this time :)

Post a Comment