Blog of Gia Bennett

Blog of Gia Bennett

Friday, February 15, 2008

Life is too short ...

I heard Meg scream for me yesterday and I ran out on to the porch to see what was wrong. A bird had flown into the screen. I went out to check on it, but it wasn't moving. I felt so sad looking at the beautiful creature. It made me realize how fragile live is. How fast it can all be over. This delicate creature flying with his robin family just minutes before now lay lifeless. The only movement was the trickle of blood dripping from his mouth. I went and got a shovel and towel. I wrapped him gently and buried him. I picked a hibiscus flower from the tree and laid it on the freshly disturbed earth. Some of the robins he had been flying with were still in my yard. I felt sad for them not knowing whether or not they feel pain. I know I did.

Thinking over how short life can be I was thrilled that my husband and I can communicate again and even reflected on the fact it was 23 years ago to the day that we agreed to marry. We have too much invested in each other for it all to end in hate. I'm so glad things are turning around for the better. I don't want to fight anymore.

Things are looking up in all areas of my life. The kids are so happy with the new choices we made, things are getting good for my business, Rich may even be getting a new job. The evil that haunted us for the past few months seems to be disappearing from our lives. I couldn't be more grateful.

2 comments:

Trix said...

Just sailed in to see how youre doing..
Its lovely that your husband and you are getting on again...its so cool that he proposed to you on Valentines day all those years ago.Now,apart from the dead bird,your life seems back on track.Not only are you and your hubbie on happy terms,but you are fortunate to have 2 men in your life supporting you through it all,which is more than some people have.And yes, its always good to get rid of all the evils in ones life...glad yours are all gone! :)

ginnnnsane said...

Hey Jesse! It's been a while. I didn't know you read my blog. :) I am very fortunate to have the people I have in my life. Things are going well right now. Rich is a Godsend. I don't know what I would do without him, my kids and my family.

Post a Comment